Not now – but RIGHT NOW!
I’ve been practicing yoga since I was a child, but life still manages to remind me when I need to get to the mat. There have been times where I’ve literally stopped whatever it was I was doing and done Pranayama breathing. Life has an interesting way of putting people, places, things, and situation in your path that may test your resolve. Some are major traumatic occurrences, but then there are the everyday instances that have you reaching for whatever sanity you can grasp.
Thankfully, a yoga practice is always within your reach (and yes, sitting with your breath IS yoga, too). Here’s a list of ordinary situations (which I’ve personally experienced) when you probably (definitely!) need to be one with your mat:
- Your morning alarm is loud but not loud enough to wake your partner/children, obvs.
- Every traffic light on the way to work is red and you’re already running late.
- There’s an excessive amount of creamer in the black coffee you ordered.
- The first work email you open has you locked in ‘Reply All’ hell.
- One of your Zoom meeting participants is allergic to the Mute button.
- Your lunch meeting is cancelled (YAY!) and quickly rescheduled to 4pm (BOO!)
- On your way home, your car stops on the side of a busy interstate.
- Dinner smells funny…and by ‘funny’, I mean ‘burned beyond recognition’.
- You have ten minutes before finally going to bed…and your yoga mat is right here waiting for you.
See you on the mat tomorrow!
**Don’t forget to subscribe!**
Follow Eliza David on…
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram